Sunday, February 18, 2007

Que Sera Sera....

I had some slight brown spotting on wednesday at work. I finally told my boss that I had to be off until I had my ultrasound on Friday and knew all was okay.

On thursday I was relaxing and searching the web when I felt a known feeling. Right away I feared the worse and was right, blood, red and quite a bit. I was so upset. I started bawling and just didn't know what to do. I called Iris and she helped me calm down. I called the nurse at the Dr's office and she said I should go to the hospital.
I called Charles at work (worst thing ever) and we went to the hospital around 11 am. Luckily an old acquantance was the triage nurse and got us in fast. As we waited I checked and found I was no longer bleeding and I started to feel calm, in a sense that whatever may be will be. We had the ultrasound soon as well. I noticed the tech measuring the sac and the alien that was in it and saw that it only measured 6w1d. It had been a full week since our last ultrasound wich measured 5w6d! The tech never said anything. then she measeured the heartbeat and it was a whopping 124 bpm! That was perfect for the days and everything!
The ER Dr said that my uterus was not trying to expell the baby and that everything seemed okay. The nurse's said that was okay that the baby measured a little behind. I called later and got my hCG level which was 17283. I calculated the doubling rate at 3.84 days, which freaked me out, until I researched and found that after you hit 5000 hCG, it taked longer to double. Plus the one nurse said at this point hCG didn't matter it was the baby that mattered.

So I called the DR's office to book my first prenatal and it won't be until March 27! Over the weekend I continued to spot brown and gross. I think I will see my family Doc this week and he could do some more blood tests and send me for another ultrasound. Plus my Sister-in-Law works for an ultrasound place, so I may get one there.

So for now, I am still pregnant and till told otherwise....

No comments: