Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Bye 2008

Another year come and gone. Much to be thankful for this year. Still much left to be desired for 2009. I guess we can't have it all.



I am thankful that this year C and I fell more in love and survived our 5th year of marriage. We made it through another difficult pregnancy and loss. The strength I saw in him was amazing and I am truly lucky to have him by my side.



Sadly there were other losses, including my Friend's dad at age 55ish, and an old employee/coworker at 58ish. May you both rest in peace and watch from heaven the miracles you created here on Earth.



Joyfully there was the birth of my best friend's baby girl in February.



My younger of 2 brothers got engaged to a great gal and they too are trying to get preggers. A slight competition, hoping we both finish at the same time!



My oldest brother got a new job and has faced challenges this last year with his family and health that hopefully will continue to improve into the next year.

I miss my niece who decided to live with her birth father and hasn't returned home since July.

I am proud of my oldest niece who started University this fall and is doing quite well. And my nephew who is too smart for his own good and talented in sports, I am proud of him too.



My parents are getting older and their habits can be annoying but I am very happy and lucky to have them in my life. I miss them when the go South in the winter and even in the summer when they are closer but soooo busy!



I have great in-laws that take care of us and support us totally. I am glad I get along with them! I have friend's who aren't so lucky.



My brother in law got engaged and she is now a Nurse!

My sister in law is doing much better this year and has a great man in her life and 2 special step-"daughters".

Overall-2008 wasn't as horrible as 2007 and I am thankful still, for the lessons of 2007 that carried into 2008 and kept me level headed.

As I peer into the next year, I am not 100% sure what I see. I so want to say "a Baby, of course." But I am not too sure. It is still my goal. But my real goal and resoloution, is to not let it consume me. It will be hard but I can get past this.

So farwell 2008...onward and upward.

No comments: