Last night we attended a fundraiser/benefit for a great lady, Wendy, who has been fighting breast cancer for a while, unbeknownst to most. It was great to see her and she looked well and still had that great positive outlook! She has told those close to her that cancer would not control her, she would control it! And of course, this is one of those times when you have to ask GOd why? Why her? Hasn't she been through enough in her life? Do you do this to teach us a lesson? NOT FAIR Praying for you Wendy!
We know Wendy for she had worked at my parent's business for a few years before they retired. ((Then the EVILS took over and made her life (and many others) hell.)) So at this benefit we were able to see co-workers that we haven't seen in a few years, most since Sean's funeral in 2004. It was awesome catching up. I was so nervous to go to this thing and here is why...
I always have wanted kids. I used to tell some of my work friends that if I wasn't married/pregnant by the time I was 25 I would go out and just get knocked up! HA as if it were that easy! So I have been fretting about this benefit for a few days and how would I behave when people asked where our "babies" were. Some of them knew becuase I still see them time to time and they told those around them and the question only cam eup once, maybe twice.
Luckily only one person did but he had been told I was pg by Cheryl, probably the time we saw the heartbeat. Anyways, I was able to play it off as in the stork hasn't brought us one yet. And of course all shirts this year are "maternity" shirts and I probably looked pregnant and people kept glancing, so I made sure to hold me beer and smoke where they could see it! LOL
Of course I had to take Grace to see some folks and people thought she was mine. I just said no-she was Rachels and that was esaier then I thought.
Tomorrow is my HSG, at 7:45 am. Poor C has to get up so early and he works afternoons tonight. I am nervous. I am more scared of nothing being wrong then of something being wrong. Make sense? If something is wrong then we'll know what we are dealing with. If nothing is wrong, well then, we go in blind and scared again!
More news later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment